WorldFlight MH17: New discoveries to be revealed soon

Flight MH17: New discoveries to be revealed soon


International investigators said they would release the results of the investigation “other partsInvolved in the downing of flight MH17 after three people were convicted last year. The results are expected to be directed towards their investigation into who actually launched the missile that downed the plane over eastern Ukraine in 2014, and which originally supplied the Russian-made missiles. shell.

Two Russians and a Ukrainian sentenced to life imprisonment in absentia by a Dutch court in November were found guilty not of pulling the trigger, but only of facilitating the delivery of a missile to Ukraine. At a press conference in The Hague on February 8, investigators will reveal “results of the ongoing investigation into other parties involved in the downing of flight MH17“, the Joint International Investigation Team (JIT) said in a statement.

According to her, the relatives of the victims will be informed as a matter of priority. “In addition to the involvement of the DPR (Donetsk People’s Republic), the JIT also investigated the BUK-TELAR crew and those responsible for the supply of this Russian weapon system. who shot down MH17“, she added.

298 passengers and crew died

The Dutch judges concluded that the Russians Igor Girkin and Sergey Dubinsky and the Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko were members of the separatist DNR and that the group was controlled by Moscow, but it is not clear who was actually using the Buk missile system when the plane was shot down.

All 298 passengers and crew were killed when a plane en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur was shot down on 17 July 2014 over pro-Russian separatist-held eastern Ukraine. The JIT includes members from the Netherlands, Australia, Belgium, Malaysia and Ukraine, the countries most affected by the accident.

Moscow denied involvement and called the verdictscandalous“. The European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) said on Wednesday by a majority vote “admissible“complaints filed against him by the Netherlands regarding the downing of MH17.


Marius BOKE with AFP


Source: TF1

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

ENTERTAINMENT

Latest article

More article